The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 13 calls for service from March 3rd, 8 AM till March 4th, 8 AM. During the same time period there were six people lodged in Terrace Cells. Four of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- Downtown Terrace
- 911 hang up. Investigation determined that the call was placed in regards to a fire that police were already responding to.
- Police observed a man known to them walking on Lakelse Ave. Checks determined that he was in breach of a Conditional Sentence Order by being outside of his residence. The 51 yr old man was arrested and held for court.
- Elsewhere Terrace
- Investigation of a breach of Conditional Sentence Order by failing to report change of address.
- Scam. A person received two messages on his phone stating that ‘name’ needed to be called back immediately at ‘number’ or the police would be sent to arrest him for illegal deeds. The phone number was called and it went straight to a voicemail for ‘CRA”. Police checked the internet for this phone number and found it associated to numerous scams with attempts to obtain personal information by threatening legal action.
- Assault. The incident was work related and being dealt with through internal means. Police spoke with the people involved.
- A man and woman at a residence banging on the door of a residence on Molitor St. Police ascertained that they were at the residence on legitimate purpose.
- False residential alarm on Loen Ave.
- Possible impaired driver in a black Ford truck leaving Mr. Mikes. Checks were done of the area. The 22 yr old man was located walking on Lanfear Hill and arrested for intoxication.
- Fight in a motel room. Police spoke with two men both 26 yrs of age. They both had minor injuries consistent with fighting but claimed nothing happened. A resolution was reached with these men and the motel employee. A third man, 39 yrs of age, was spoken with but he was intoxicated and unable to follow simple direction. He was arrested.
- A man reported two women banging on his door. The women left prior to police attendance. Checks determined that the man had a warrant for his arrest. The 55 yr old man was arrested.
- A man is following an intoxicated family member pulling a large suitcase walking on Kalum St intent on walking to the airport. Police arrested the 41 yr old woman.
- A 1987 Ford F250 caught on fire on Crescent St and was engulfed in flames. The man was driving the truck when he heard noises under the hood so stopped to investigate and found the engine on fire. The vehicle was towed.
- Rural, Kitsumkalum, Kulspai, Gitaus
- Nothing to report
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.